Menu

Author Topic: Immersion/Work Party  (Read 4395 times)

Offline gaius vorenus

• centurio
  • Admin
  • Probatus
Immersion/Work Party
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
New or prospective member immersion event scheduled. Begins 9:30 AM through Saturday night to Sunday morning. Please bring what you have of your kit for evaluation and suggestions for improvement. There will be some work on the Castra.

Everyone, due to Mike's schedule, we will NOT have a work weekend or immersion event during July. However, I did schedule an immersion event for August 2nd. We will need to do some work Saturday morning - i.e. Mike will use his 4 wheeler to move our tree trunks from the woods to the site (modern clothes suggested). These will be used for posts and the basic frame and foundation of the Castra. I am pushing for us to get our posts in the ground (Mike teases me about this, but I think it important. I do not know if we can do this yet, as we have to get the posts to the Castra site.

WE ALL need to understand this is a "work in progress" and the only way it will get done is for us to work on it as we can. It is the difference between months, or even years, to accomplish it.

We will take a break early afternoon to set up our camp and to change into our kits.

We need as much participation as possible for the following reasons; 1) to demonstrate to Mike our commitment to the project; 2) we need some help, other than the same two or three of us who continually show up.

New members, or possible members, are encouraged to show up with as much of their stuff as they have. These members will have their kit evaluated, suggestions about getting their kit together, basic drill commands, etc.

The afternoon session will include everyone.  There will be an overnight camp out. The hope is we will sit around the campfire and talk eat Roman style food and get to know each other.

Please let me know if you plan to attend to help us to plan food, water, etc.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:14:42 AM by Decimvs »

Offline Marcus Equitius Lentulus

• Optio
  • Admin
  • Probatus
Re: Immersion/Work Party
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »
I plan to be at the event. Do I need to bring anything extra?